It is no secret that the Greater Charlotte area experiences intense wind and rain storms. This kind of weather can cause serious storm damage to homes and businesses. These storms can cause problems such as mold growth, excess water, and sewer backup. If left untreated, these issues can get much worse.
Mission Restorations aids property owners in keeping their homes and businesses protected against toxins and harmful bacteria that grow with storm and water damage.
How to Protect Your Home or Business
Even the smallest storm can cause tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. But there are many things you can do to help shield your property from possible damages. Here are some tips from the professionals:
- Remove loose branches and twigs, debris, and dead grass from around your property. Clear drains, downspouts, and gutters so that water can flow away from your home.
- Secure large outdoor items such as lawn chairs, trash cans, and umbrellas. These can cause damage and injury in a windy storm. Bring smaller objects inside.
- Have a battery-powered NOAA radio. This will help keep you updated on the storm, even when power is lost.
- Wait to take a shower, wash dishes, or do laundry until the storm passes. Plumbing can conduct electricity when lightning strikes.
- Do not use electronics with cords that plug into walls. Electricity from lightning can move through electrical circuits.
- Close window shutters or curtains and secure the outside doors.
When a Storm Causes Damage
If you discover property damage after the storm has passed, it’s important to begin cleanup immediately. This will help avoid health complications for you and your family and prevent serious structural damage to your home. Call a Charlotte storm damage restoration company as soon as possible. Be sure to avoid any unstable power lines while you wait for us to arrive.
After the storm has passed, it is vital to begin cleanup at once. Contact an experienced restoration company immediately. Make sure to stay away from any unstable power lines.
When the team arrives, we will quickly begin:
- Doing a thorough assessment of the damage
- Extracting every drop of water
- Beginning the drying process by setting up dehumidifiers and fans
- Clearing away any damaged furniture and materials
- Covering and boarding up any damaged doors, windows, roofs, and walls
- Providing structural drying
- Eliminating any mold
- Disinfecting and cleaning the damaged areas
Repairing Storm Damage in the Greater Charlotte Area
Whatever storm damage you may face, we are trained to help. Our experienced professionals can be at your property within 90 minutes of your emergency. It is our goal to fix your property quickly so that your life can return to normal as soon as possible.
Do not waste time letting storm damage go untreated! Call Mission Restorations quickly to begin your storm restoration in the Greater Charlotte area at 704-727-2000.